Buying a house is a big deal. As the most important investment you’ll ever make, it should be a happy time, not a stressful one. At Resource Financial Services, our mortgage experts are here to guide you through the steps, eliminate stress and make the loan application process easier for you.
We’ve created a checklist of the five most important documents you will need to provide so we can process your loan as quickly and smoothly as possible. We’ve also included a handful of DOs and DON’Ts to help you when applying for a mortgage.
Keep these lists handy when you begin the home buying process.
Five documents you need:
- Copy of your current driver’s license and social security card (if non-resident a copy of your certificate of resident alien status – green card)
- Income documentation – your last two pay stubs
- Most recent two months bank statements (all pages)
- Completed tax returns from the last two years, all pages and schedules (signed)
- W2s from the past two years
Five mortgage DOs
- DO provide the requested documents as quickly as possible
- DO return the applicable signed disclosures as quickly as possible
- DO be prepared to provide additional documentation if requested during the process
- DO keep your current job and stay current on all your existing credit cards
- DO call us with any questions. We are here to help you through this process and keep things as simple as possible for you
Five Mortgage DON’TS
- DON’T apply for any new debt, such as credit cards, automobile, etc.
- DON’T co-sign on another loan
- DON’T allow multiple lenders to run hard credit inquiries, as this has the potential to damage your credit
- DON’T move money around and between accounts
- DON’T change jobs
Now is a great time to buy your first home. If you’re thinking about buying or selling soon, contact your Resource Financial Services mortgage banker to discuss your home loan options. They can help you with a wide variety of loan programs tailored to meet your financial needs and get you into the home you want faster – with quicker closings, same-day pre-approval, five-day processing and guaranteed lower rates.
We’re excited to help you find your home, find your loan and get cash back. Start searching for the home of your dreams online at rfsmortgage.com. Call toll-free at 877.797.4545 to speak with a mortgage banker.
Comments are closed.